Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Little Prankster

*Written one and a half weeks ago...*



Ellie is sick! She has her first cold. It has been pretty hard to deal with, mainly because it’s heartbreaking. There’s not a whole lot we can actually do for her. Thank goodness she does not have fever (yet). We have to keep a close eye on her temperature because she is still just 5 weeks old and a fever is so serious at her young age.



Today when David came home for his short lunch break, Ellie had been fussing all morning because she didn’t feel good. He loves holding her whenever he’s home. He had asked me if I had tried swaddling her to calm her (he’s a master swaddler) and I told him no because she seemed to be getting too hot and I was afraid for her temperature. Well... as I thought he would, he swaddled her and she slept for the next 3 1/2 hours (that’s pretty normal for her when she’s healthy though)!



When Elianna started waking up, I did what I always do. I unswaddled her so she could stretch out. When much to my surprise, I found a NAKED baby!! Daddy and Ellie had played a prank on me! He had unclothed her before swaddling so she wouldn’t get too hot. But the best part was that I was laughing so hard when I discovered it which made her laugh too! And there is not much sweeter than a naked laughing baby.... :) We laughed together at each other for 5 minutes! Love it.





Little Prankster


1 comment: